Richard Bach Quotes
- Don’t believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding. Find out what you already know and you will see the way to fly.
2. That’s why love stories don’t have endings! They don’t have endings because love doesn’t end.
3. The opposite of Loneliness is not Togetherness, It’s Intimacy.
4. Happiness is a choice. It is not always an easy one.
5. The more I want to get something done the less I call it work.
6. Only a few people are interested in what you have to say, but that’s all right. You don’t tell the quality of a master by the size of his crowds, remember.
7. The meaning I picked, the one that changed my life: Overcome fear, behold wonder.
8. We teach best what we most need to learn.
9. We can lift ourselves out of ignorance, we can find ourselves as creatures of excellence and intelligence and skill.
10. To bring anything into your life, imagine that it’s already there.
11. Mine’s a free life, but it does get lonely sometimes.
12. Bad things are not the worst things that can happen to us. NOTHING is the worst thing that can happen to us.
13. There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts.
14. Look in the mirror and one thing is sure: what we see is not who we are.
15. Real love stories never have endings.
16. Wrong turns are as important as right turns. More important, sometimes.
17. Keep working on love.
18. The only thing that shatters dreams is compromise.
19. Ask yourself the secret of your success. Listen to your answer, and practice it.
20. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.
21. Every person, all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you.
22. Don’t believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding. Find out what you already know and you will see the way to fly.
23. Here’s the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you’re alive, it isn’t.
24. There are grand rewards for those who pick the high hard roads, but those rewards are hidden by years.
25. Don’t turn away from possible futures before you’re certain you don’t have anything to learn from them.
26. You’re always free to change your mind and choose a different future, or a different past.
27. One way to pick a future is to believe it’s inevitable.
28. You teach best what you most need to learn
29. The simplest things are often the truest.
30. Remember where you came from, where you’re going, and why you created this mess you got yourself into in the first place.
31. Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness.
32. Believe you know all the answers, and you know all the answers. Believe you’re a master, and you are.
33. Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.
34. If your happiness depends on what somebody else does, I guess you do have a problem.
35. You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it, however.
36. A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.
37. The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.
38. Nothing good is a miracle, nothing lovely is a dream.
39. Can miles truly separate you from friends… If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?
40. Every problem has a gift for you in its hands.
41. The only obligation we have in any lifetime is to be true to ourselves.
42. If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats.
43. In order to live free and happily, you must sacrifice boredom. It is not always an easy choice.
44. Of course there’s destiny, but destiny doesn’t push you where you don’t want to go. You’re the ones who choose. Destiny is up to you.
45. Heaven is not a place, and it is not a time. Heaven is being perfect.
46. It’s not when you start that makes your success in the world, but when you quit.
47. Learning is finding out what you already know.
48. A tiny change today brings a dramatically different tomorrow.
49. Your conscience is the measure of the honesty of your selfishness. Listen to it carefully.
50. An author is a writer who didn’t give up.
51. Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.
52. All the people, all the events in your life are put there for a reason. What you choose to do with them is up to you.
53. If you love somebody, set them free. If they return, they were always yours. If they don’t, they never were.
54. Any powerful idea is absolutely fascinating and absolutely useless until we choose to use it.
55. I do not exist to impress the world. I exist to live my life in a way that will make me happy.
56. No matter how qualified or deserving we are, we will never reach a better life until we can imagine it for ourselves and allow ourselves to have it.
57. An easy life doesn’t teach us anything. In the end it’s the learning that matters: what we’ve learned and how we’ve grown.
58. I’m here not because I am supposed to be here, or because I’m trapped here, but because I’d rather be with you than anywhere else in the world.
59. Boredom between two people doesn’t come from being together physically. It comes from being apart mentally and spiritually.
60. You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now, and nothing can stand in your way.
61. Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: If you’re alive, it isn’t.
62. Listen to what you know instead of what you fear.
63. If you love something, set it free; if it comes backs it’s yours, if it doesn’t, it never was.
64. You are never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it, however.
65. True love stories never have endings.
66. Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself.
67. Happiness is the reward we get for living to the highest right we know.
68. Don’t be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.
69. Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they’re yours.
70. One challenge of our adventure on earth is to rise above dead systems…wars, nations, destructions…to refuse to be a part of them, and express the highest selves we know how to be.
71. You’re never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true.
72. Overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now.
73. Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.