Swami Vivekananda Quotes
- All differences in this world are of degree, and not of a kind because oneness is the secret of everything.
2. Do good because it is good to do good. Ask no more.
3. The fire that warms us can also consume us; it is not the fault of the fire.
4. Do one thing at a time, and while doing it put your whole soul into it to the exclusion of all else.
5. Do not hate anybody, because that hatred which comes out from you must, in the long run, come back to you, if you love, that love will come back to you, completing the circle.
6. Feel nothing, know nothing, do nothing, have nothing, give up all to God, and say utterly, ‘Thy will be done.’ We only dream this bondage. Wake up and let it go.
7. The mind is in its own nature when it is calm. The moment you can calm it, that [very] moment you will know the truth.
8. The powers of the mind are like the rays of the sun when they are concentrated they illumine.
9. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
10. If money helps a man to do good to others, it is of some value; but if not, it is simply a mass of evil, and the sooner it is got rid of, the better.
11. All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
12. Neither seek nor avoid, take what comes.
13. Arise, awake, and stop not until the goal is achieved.
14. Comfort is no test of truth. Truth is often far from being comfortable.
15. When an idea exclusively occupies the mind, it is transformed into an actual physical or mental state.
16. Blessed are they whose bodies get destroyed in the service of others.
17. Learn Everything that is Good from Others, but bring it in, and in your own way absorb it; do not become others.
18. Talk to yourself at least once in a day, otherwise, you may miss a meeting with an excellent person in this World.
19. You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
20. Dare to be free, dare to go as far as your thought leads, and dare to carry that out in your life.
21. Always try to represent yourself as happy. Initially, it becomes your look, gradually it becomes your habit and finally, it becomes your personality.
22. The more we come out and do good to others, the more our hearts will be purified, and God will be in them.
23. We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.
24. The very reason for nature’s existence is for the education of the soul.
25. Anything that makes you weak – physically, intellectually, and spiritually, reject it as poison.
26. Be not Afraid of anything. You will do Marvelous work. it is Fearlessness that brings Heaven even in a moment.
27. He who struggles is better than he who never attempts.
28. The Older I grow, the more everything seems to me to lie in manliness. This is my new gospel.
29. Do not believe a thing because you have read about it in a book. Do not believe a thing because another man has said it was true. Do not believe in words because they are hallowed by tradition. Find out the truth for yourself. Reason it out. That is realization.
30. Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
31. By doing well the duty which is nearest to us, the duty which is in our hands, we make ourselves stronger.
32. All love is expansion, all selfishness is contraction. Love is therefore the only law of life. He who loves lives, he who is selfish is dying. Therefore love for love’s sake, because it is the only law of life, just as you breathe to live.
33. Desire, ignorance, and inequality—this is the trinity of bondage.
34. The great secret of true success, of true happiness, is this: the man or woman who asks for no return, the perfectly unselfish person, is the most successful.
35. You are the creator of your own destiny.
36. Even the greatest fool can accomplish a task if it were after his or her heart. But the intelligent ones are those who can convert every work into one that suits their taste.
37. Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being.
38. They alone live, who live for others.
39. All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind.
40. The greatest truths are the simplest things in the world, simple as your own existence.
41. The present is determined by our past actions, and the future by the present.
42. The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
43. You need not worry or make yourself sleepless about the world; it will go on without you.
44. Books are infinite in number and time is short. The secret of knowledge is to take what is essential. Take that and try to live up to it.
45. The greatest sin is to think yourself weak.
46. Throw away all weaknesses. tell your body that it is strong. Tell your mind that it is strong and have unbound faith and hope in yourself.
47. Things do not grow better; they remain as they are. It is we who grow better, by the changes we make in ourselves.
48. The earth is enjoyed by heroes”—this is the unfailing truth. Be a hero. Always say, “I have no fear.”
49. Each work has to pass through these stages—ridicule, opposition, and then acceptance. Those who think ahead of their time are sure to be misunderstood.
50. Be the servant while leading. Be unselfish. Have infinite patience, and success is yours.
51. Believe in yourself and the world will be at your feet.
52. This World will always continue to be a mixture of Good and Evil. Our duty is to sympathize with the weak and to Love even the wrongdoer.
53. Devotion to duty is the highest form of worship of God.
54. In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.
55. Strength is Life, Weakness is Death. Expansion is Life, Contraction is Death. Love is Life, Hatred is Death.
56. The mother and the father are the causes of this body; so a man must undergo a thousand troubles in order to do good to them.
57. Whatever you think that you will be. If you think yourself weak, weak you will be; if you think yourself strong,you will be.
58. Everything is easy when you are busy. But nothing is easy when you are lazy.
59. Bless people when they revile you. Think how much good they are doing by helping to stamp out the false ego.
60. A fool may buy all the books in the world, and they will be in his library, but he will be able to read only those that he deserves to.
61. There is no limit to the power of the human mind. The more concentrated it is, the more power is brought to bear on one point.
62. Education is the manifestation of perfection already existing in man.
63. The whole life is a succession of dreams. My ambition is to be a conscious dreamer, that is all.
64. People laugh at me because I am different; I laugh at people cause the are all the same.
65. Take Risks in Your Life If u Win, U Can Lead! If u Lose, U Can Guide!
66. In a day, when you don’t come across any problems – you can be sure that you are traveling in a wrong path.
67. The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves.
68. Ask nothing; want nothing in return. Give what you have to give; it will come back to you, but do not think of that now.
69. 3 Golden rules!! Who is helping you, don’t forget them. Who is loving you, don’t hate them. Who is trusting you, don’t cheat them.
70. God did not give me everything that I wanted. But, He gave me everything that I needed!